Swimming Lessons at Beverly Athletic Club
Adult Swim Programs
We offer a wide range of classes for adults looking to learn how to swim, to learn a new skill like springboard diving, or to find a new way to work out in our water fitness classes.
A reminder, adult aquatics classes are open to the Greater Beverly Community.
Swimming is an excellent alternative to cardio machines, and it is a great form of all-around exercise, ideal for any age or fitness level. Swimming is also a relaxing, low-pressure exercise that can improve mood, relieve stress, and help you unwind. Many swimmers describe feeling more relaxed after they get into the groove of swimming as a part of their regular exercise routine.
Here's some other compelling benefits of swimming:
- Alternating different swim strokes helps to work a large variety of muscle groups.
- Water can support up to 90% of the body’s weight, making it an ideal form of exercise for people with injuries, chronic pain, or disabilities.
- Unlike running and strength training, swimming is exercise you can do almost every day without risk of injury.
- An hour of swimming can burn as many as 500 calories.
- Swimming is a great way to increase flexibility and range of motion.
Aqua Conditioning Classes
Meant for those looking for a turbo-charged aqua experience, this class includes high intensity cardio and water resistance to gain strength, endurance and overall body conditioning. Focus is on legs, arms and abdominal work using water resistance and resistant equipment.
Please click here to review class schedule
Private Swim Lessons for Adults
We offer private and semi-private lessons for swimmers with specific needs, or those who desire one-on-one instruction.