Date Updated: October 9th
Over the past several weeks, the club’s leadership team has been working tirelessly on a comprehensive reopening strategy. This plan builds upon Beverly Athletic Club’s high standards of health, safety, and cleanliness – and takes them to the highest level. As a member of the club you are also a key player in this detailed plan.
We realize this is an adjustment for everyone. We ask first and foremost, be kind, be considerate, and be mindful of others. We want the club to be a sanctuary for your well-being.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE BUILDING AND DURING YOUR WORKOUT
ENHANCED CLEANING & DISINFECTION
- In addition to existing continuous cleaning protocols, we will perform a rigorous deep-cleaning and disinfecting process overnight. Designated areas of the club will be sectioned off during the day to help facilitate the deep cleaning.
- We have purchased a machine that will allow us the capability to do a deep disinfecting mist cleaning of the facility overnight. (Please click here to review a video of the machine and us cleaning the cardio floor)
- All team members will be part of the cleaning process, pre and post classes, during and after each training session.
- Additional man-power and resources will be part of the rigorous daily cleaning club wide.
- Additional disinfection wipe stations have been installed throughout the club.
- Personal disinfection spray bottles. As you enter the club you can pick up a personal disinfectant spray bottle and blue cleaning cloth to use during your workout. You will return it to a separate table once your workout is complete and the bottle will be disinfected. This is just an additional option for you.
- BAC CLUB SHIELD – we have invested into a software program that dates and time stamps when each piece of equipment or studio has been disinfected by the club’s team.
HAND SANITIZER STATIONS
Members will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering the club and frequently throughout their visit. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances and exits as well as throughout the club. All stations are clearly marked throughout the club. Staff will be checking stations throughout the day to ensure that they are functioning properly. (Plesase click here to view sign)
ENHANCED AIR FLOW
- Adujustments have be made to the club’s HVAC system to allow enhanced air flow. Filters are being changed regulary along with system checks.
- For extra cleanliness, fans throught the club will be off.
ENTERING THE CLUB
- Prior to arriving at the club we ask that members, clients and patients take a self evaluation health assessment. (please click here to review assessment)
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer have been installed at each entrance to the club.
- Door arm pulls have been installed at entryways.
- Team members will disinfect door handles and all lobby common areas throughout the day.
- Side Door Entrance: The Side Door Entrance is only for members and Soul PT patients that need ground level access to the club or clinic.
- All members will need to scan in to gain access to the club.
- Members will need to wear masks or face coverings to enter the building and in all transitions from workout studios to locker rooms etc
- All members will need to practice social distancing with fellow members and staff. Please click here to see the signs that have been installed throughout the club.
We have adjusted our daily hours to allow for an overnight team to deep-clean the entire club.
Main Club – 7 Reservoir Road
Monday – Thursday – 5:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday – 5:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday – 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
BAC Express – 600 Cummings Center
The Express members will have full access to main location, located at 7 Reservoir Road.
We’ll be limiting the amount of people in the club to comply with state guidelines.
Currently, due to how much space we have, we are not doing scheduled time blocks for the gym. We will monitor the usage and adjust non member usage if this changes.
We are not currently implementating a reservation system thanks to oue expansive square footage. However, we my ask that you limit your workout session in repect of others time.
We are monitoring the daily check-ins, and, should it become an issue, we may implement a reservation system. We do not anticipate this, however.
TEMPORARILY ON PAUSE
The following amenities will be temporarily closed until further notice:
- Sauna, and steam room: As directed by the state. We know that suana and steam will remain closed until Phase 4, then there’s a vaccine and / or treatment
- Youth Activity Center: The Club’s Youth Ativity will return at a later phase of our reopening plan. Watch for more details !
- Revovery Bar (smoothies): The club’s Recovery Bar will returning a later phase of out reopening plan. Watch for more details!
- Family Swim: Will return with limited hours the week of Monday, July 13th Watch for more details!
- HIIT: Won’t be offered until further notice. Watch for details on outdoor sessions this summer !
- Towel Service: Won’t be offered until further notice.
- Basketball Court: Won’t be offered until further notice.
It is mandatory that all members maintain a 6-foot distance from other guests and staff members. Our clubs are spacious enough that this is easily possible. We have altered our layout so our machines are all 6 feet apart and have posted many notices, floor stickers, and other visual cues around the club to remind everyone of these guidelines.
The club layout has been altered to ensure the 6 feet social distancing guideliness can be followed. Some machines have been distanced, while others are closed or moved. There will be ample visual cues as to which are open or temporarily closed.
- Our locker rooms will be open, ensuring 6 feet of social distancing measures are taken. Disinfectant wipes will be in all locker rooms; visitors must wipe down their locker before and after use.
- Open lockers will clearly be marked. Rental lockers are still avaialble.
- Lost & Found, will be removed from the building nightly and placed in deck bin at the back of the building near the YAC entrance, it will be donated weekly If you bring something in, remember to take it home with you.
- Hair dryers have been removed from the dry vainity.
NO MASK, NO ENTRY
All members and guests entering BAC must wear a mask at all times, per state guidelines. All staff will be complying with this requirement as well. If you forget your mask, we have availble ones in the club’s pro – shop We will closely monitor local and state guidelines regarding appropriate mask usage.
FRONT DESK & OFFICE SHIELDS
There will be new Plexiglass barriers at the member services desk and other offices and services areas to ensure additional protection for members, guests and staff.
TEAM BAC – PPE & PROTOCOL
- All BAC staff have been supplied with personal protective equipment (PPE) at no cost to them. This includes masks, gloves and personal distancing tools to clean member and staff areas. Staff will always be wearing masks .
- BAC Team Members will have temperatures taken prior to entering the club via touchless thermometers. Per CDC guidelines, team members with a body temperature greater than 100.4 degrees won’t be permitted entry into the club
- All team members will be cleaning and have completed training on new cleaning protocol and social distance training as outlined in the states reopening guidelines.
NEW LOOK OF GROUP EX at BAC
We have made use of this time away from you by redefining how we deliver Group Ex to you. Please click here to learn more about the new BAC Group Ex Experience.
VIRTUAL CLASSES – Starts July 8th
A ramped up virutal class schedule will start July 8th. Class schedule can be found on the club’s mobile app PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULE
LIVE CLASS START DATE
Live class group exercise class will have a delayed start. Stay tuned for details. An enhanced virtual class schedule (please click here for schedule) will launch the week the club opens. PLEASE NOTE: The club live class studios will be moving outdoors for summer in our tented studios in the BAC Garden area.
LES MILLS ON DEMAND – Starts July 7th
The main stuido and the RPM studio now offer a wide range of Les Mills On Demand Classes as part of your membership.
The studios have been set up to achieve social distancing. All live – in person classes witll be held outdoors in our tented space.
GROUP EX TEAM PPE
All instructors have been issued a personal mic for class delivery.
Fans in all studios have been powered off.
Lane lines are open for lap swim. At this point no sharing of lanes will be allowed. We ask that everyone is respectful of timing. We are hopeful that we don’t need to implement a reservation system.
We will be offering a reduced Family Swim schedule and families will need to make reservations. Please watch for the upcoming Family Swim Schedule
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
We are currently offering Private Swim Lessons. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
GROUP SWIM LESSONS
We are working towards having a mini session this Summer. For more information, please email email@example.com
IN- PERSON TRAINNG
In-person training is available. Inquire here. Masks must be worn by both trainers and clients during in-person sessions. PT clients will also have access to private studio space. All cueing and corrections will be done verbally or demonstrated from 6 feet away.
Virtual training will remain available. If you are not able to visit the club in-person, you can still get training at home with any of our experienced tranines. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
InBODY body composition test will still be available. Like other equipment it will be cleaned pre and post use. You can schedule a test by emailing email@example.com
If you are interested in buying PT packages, please make sure your payment is current in your profile. Any contracts will be sent digitally. This will minimize contact and allow for quicker transactions.
BAC will unfreeze all memberships and resume normal billing cycles when we open our doors, We are happy, however, to extend your freeze if you wish. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For our initial phase of reopening, BAC will not be allowing walk-in guests.
If you are a member, any guest you bring may purchase a Guest-of-A-Member Pass for $10. The guest and member must be present at the desk. Ensure you have your card on file in MBO, in order to allow for a contactless sale.
Additionally, please refrain from bringing children or other guests who wait in the lounge area.
We’re all in this together! Please be kind to one another.